Monday, April 23, 2012

Back from Missouri

Whew, that last hour of driving took forever. It was a good visit, but it makes me appreciate Kearney a bit more now that I'm back. I can only take so much of my family - they are intense, and the opposite of Master's family, who are really laid back and... quiet, lol. Usually.

My family did notice the collar, but it wasn't horrible. My dad and step-mom took us to a bar in their small town, and had a few beers. Dad noticed it, and said 'so, where are ya gonna put the dog tags?'. I answered 'not sure, we'll figure it out'. Other than that, nothing from that side.

My mom knows our relationship, so I proudly showed it to her with no cover up. I told her it was a steel collar we got from Ring Of Steel, and it was handmade. My grandma (her mom) looked at it, but didn't say anything. I asked her to make a  charm so I can put on it for the wedding. I drew her a horrible picture, and I'm looking forward to see what she does.

We kept up with out night and morning ritual with the collar :) I am proud - not sure how Master feels, lol. I asked him if I was having issues with not being snarky toward him, and he said I am not that way towards him, just everyone else.

Guess that's good, right?

I haven't been on fetlife, yet, so.. Whew...

Oh, today is my 23rd birthday :) I got a few things from my family, and the trip was technically the gift from Master. It was nice. Oh, the collar, too, lol.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! ^_^

    That's cool, that you can be that open with your mom about your relationship...I wish I could have that with my family...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just Mom, lol. She's always been more of a sister than a mother

      Delete
  2. Hey! Happy birthday!!!! i'm glad the trip went well and that you didn't need to make any accommodations for your family. We will probably never be in that position as it is our adult children that we keep in from and honestly, they're embarrassed to think their parents have sex at all!

    Again, happy birthday, we're going down to Springfield, MO for my third son's 23rd b-day this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a good chance that my family may or may not know yours (name wise) - they are heavy into genealogy and weird distant relations and stuff lol.

      have fun at the party :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday!!!!

    Sounds like a good trip. You maintained the ritual, were truthful with your mom, and didn't have to explain anything uncomfortable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good :) Got lots of cool stuff for the kitchen, too

      Delete