Monday, May 21, 2012

Nothing Special

I saw I haven't posted in a while, so I will post something. Can't promise it will be that great ;-)

I just sent a text to Master asking if I can have an online male submissive/masochist/something. He has a thing against males - it's a general thing, not just worry about me. (one of the things I mean when I speak therapy). He knows that I have needs that he is having a hard time meeting.

Maybe this will help both of us. But, he has to be okay with it, first.

I am getting married in 25 days. I am so nervous.

Master and I have been playing YuGiOh, the card game, and he has kicked my ass every time. I suck at strategy games. I bought a Hunger Games strategy game, and he kicked my ass even though I understood it better than him.

I think if I practice, I will get better.

ALSO

What are your thoughts on 'third person' speak?

5 comments:

  1. It seems to me that you have a lot going on with the wedding and everything - starting another thing might be a bit too much to add in - maybe you might want to wait until things settle down? From a gal that is often doing the same thing (always starting new stuff while a bunch of craziness is already happening).

    I like third person speak a lot. I wish I had thought of it at the start, but I wouldn't feel comfortable changing now for me. I do enjoy the way it makes the phrases turn though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea. I just.. like to have all my ducks in a row. With a ruler. To make sure they are straight. LOL

      Delete
  2. i agree with Kitty above, this might not be the right time to add someone (to any degree) into your life, you have so much on your plate as it is. Maybe after the wedding would be a better time.

    i am not a fan of third person, i'm not sure if it's because i don't truly understand it's purpose or if it's because i don't think that by talking in third person it any more changes who you are or how you should be perceived within the community. i will defer to those who know more but i know it would never be a part of our dynamic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of third person speak at all in the general sense.

    In the specific sense it makes a wonderful way to emphasize D/s in conversation. I'll often say "Your wife loves you so much," or something like that, as we lay curled together after a scene.

    If it was all the time, then it would just be how I spoke and it wouldn't mean much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are there other options to fulfill those needs without adding a third person into the mix right now with moving and the wedding and your own therapy and so much going on? It can be hard to keep adding things to your plate; it keeps piling on.

    I think third person speech can be nice, but it also seems like a cumbersome pain to figure out how to use inconspicuously or not awkwardly all the time. It also depends on why you're using it, I think. Same as for why people use lowercase i or We/we etc.

    ReplyDelete