Monday, August 27, 2012

Difference in socializing and stuffs

Master and I had little.. er disagreement with a bit of tears a few moments ago. I'll talk about it.

I had a meeting set up with a couple at an ice cream place. I was fine up until about 5 minutes before, and I said I couldn't go. I was too scared to go alone to meet these new strangers. I felt, and still feel a bit, bad about it. Really bad. I apologized, and the girl said it was fine, and I found out she is a lot like me. She doesn't go places without her fiance, much. So I feel a bit better about it. Still feel BAD but.. not as much.

Anyway, Master came home and said he was frustrated.

"Why should we be 'poly' if we can't meet peopel one on one? We can't meet people and get to know people in big groups?!"

"Yes, you can!" I said. "You can take them to the corner and get to know them. Tune out what is going on, and talk to a person."

"I can't do that."

"I can. We just have difference ways we socializing, and feel comfortable doing it. We should find a way to fix this."

"I don't know how to fix it" he says.

"One way is that I go to big events, you go to small events, and we both go to 'middle' events," i say.

"But then we Don't get to do anything together!"

"Okay," I said, thinking. "How about we just go together to all events? I feel comfortable enough when you are around and you said you are the same way."

We argued back and forth for a while, but stuck with my suggestion.

We (I) realize that he is the over thinker and I'm the no thinker. We should work okay, but it takes a while for us to compromise.

He says he still doesn't understand why I think socializing i big groups helps getting to know people, but I told him I have certain ways.

So now we are okay.

1 comment:

  1. Compromise rocks. Everyone is different, and its when we come together despite our differences, great or small, that we are the most beautiful.

    I can do both - if I have the motivation. I let my spirit guide me, and it's not always easy to understand. You are doing so well. A healthy pride in yourself and your relationship with your Master is well-deserved.

    ReplyDelete